Monday, March 15, 2010

Resist Embossing

Happy Monday Everyone.  This card was based on Mojo Monday 128.  One of these days, I will get to making the Mojo card in the right week instead of being a week late.  But that's ok as Mojo Monday sketches are good source of inspiration.

I used the resist embossing technique for this card as it was a class that my demonstrator used for her March classes, so I thought I would practice.  I like the technique as it brings real focus to the stamp on the card. 

All supplies are Stampin Up unless otherwise noted

My Recipe

Stamps: Fifth Avenue, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Versa Ink, Always Artichoke
Paper: Creamy Carmel, Sweet Pea DP, Always Artichoke, So Saffron

Accessories: Big Shot – Scallop Circle, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, White Embossing Powder, Sponge
Technique: Resist Embossing
How To
I stamped the Fifth Avenue stamp using versa mark and embossed with white embossing powder, then sponged with Always Artichoke over the stamped flower to bring out the embossing. I love this stamp and the elegant look it gives to a card.


I have a couple of more cards to showcase, but they will have to wait.

Until next time....

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.