Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Well, it's good to back on my blog.  I have been in Toronto for the past 2 weeks, not a holiday but for work, so I have itching to get  back and work on some cards to share.

The ones today are not exactly cards but Easter gifts for my grandchildren. 

These gifts I cased from Kim Lampone over at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ and I also came across another idea on how to save paper using 12" X 12" cardstock when cutting the match box dies.  http://stampingwithlisa.com/paper-saver-template-for-matchbox-die  You can cut four match boxes using this paper saver template.

I so enjoyed making these gifts for my grandchildren....can you tell which one is for my granddaughter?


Recipe
Stamps: Loads of Love Accessories
Ink: Eggplant
Paper: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, DSP, Black, Ballet Blue, Brocade Blue, Garden Green, Regal Rose, So Saffron
Accessories: Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Circle Punches (13/4”, 3/4”, 1/2”), Butterfly Embosslit, Square Scallop Punch, Crop-o-dial, Ribbon (other), Scallop Punch, Big Shot Match Box die, Dimensionals, uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, archival black pen
Technique: Punch art


How To


1. Using the Match Box die, assemble 2 boxes and attach to each other using 2-sided tape. I used textured whisper white for the boxes.
2. For the boxes in brocade blue, cut the card stock 73/4” by 61/4”
3. Score the long edge 31/2” and 41/4”
4. Assemble bunnies
5. Cut the Garden Green CS 1/14” and scallop punch one edge
6. Cut the DP 2” and edge with decorative scissors
7. Attach to top of box
8. Attach the match boxes to the inside spacing evenly from the side and aligning the back of the match boxes with the ¾” space that was scored
9. Punch a hole in the top and bottom for the ribbon which will act as the closure
10. Assemble the bunny and attach using dimensionals.
11. Decorate with embossed butterflies and sentiment.
12. Fill the matchboxes with chocolate Easter eggs.
13. Insert the ribbon and tie.

Have a wonderful day.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.