Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Birthday and PP45


Hi Everyone and welcome to Friday.  First off, I would like to thank Tiffany Bauer over at My Crafty World.  Tiffany chose my Mother's Day card to showcase on her "My Crafty Picks".  Drop by Tiffany's site to have a look at all of her crafty picks.

The card today is a birthday card for Lloyd's son.  Blogger was down yesterday so I missed the Stamping 411 sketch challenge but I have time to enter this card into the Paper Player's colour challenge.  The challenge was to use Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler.

I used the Party Hearty stamp for this card and it is also available to purchase for 30% off as part of the promotion for National Scrapbooking Month.  Click here to shop for this stamp. 



Stamps: Party Hearty (w – 111532, $32.95, IB&C p. 54)
Paper:  Natural White, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Nautical Expedition DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Circles #2 Die, Scallop Punch, Extra-Large Tag Punch, Baker’s Twine, Scallop Trim Border, Ticket Corner Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, and Button

The Not Quite Navy layer was sponged with Early Espresso after running through the Big Shot and the Square Lattice embossing folder.  It really makes the lattice work pop.

So that is my post for today.  Enjoy and until next time.....

Photobucket


19 comments:

  1. Love the button idea in the middle of the b. You can't go wrong with Party Hearty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Karen. Love the color combo, so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen great card. A lot of my comments disappeared due to Blogger yesterday... I'm sure I said it better the first, but I Really liked these colors too. Your tag is one of those stamps I've been wanting a long time, but I'm still up in the air about that set... Love a few of the {wish there was "different" stamps}.. oh well guess with 30% off NOW IS the time get it. I am my best customer, so I see in the next box.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out!! And I loved your card and am happy to have showcased it!! Take care and visit often!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific birthday card for a boy Karen. I like the little bit of punching peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these rich colors on this wonderful masculine birthday card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cutThanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!e card, a great way to use the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very Nautical colour combination and I just love the card you have created. A perfect Male Birthday Card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Party on! Can't go wrong with Party Hearty - love that button in the middle. The birthday boy will love the card, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun card, Karen! Love the great detail of the big button with the baker's twine. Great masculine birthday card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect masculine birthday card, Karen! I love the button treatment! I think your tag is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A masculine card is always tough for me but you have aced it! So happy you play with us at the Paper Players Karen!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors with that stamp set! Great birthday card. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Karen! It just looks like a party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cool card Karen! Love all the neat elements you did on there, like the button in the middle of the B. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Karen! Love the striped DSP as a featured BG on the card and the tag. So glad you could join us at The Paper Players this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.