Monday, August 29, 2011

Tangled Up in Creativity and the Pals Paper Art Challenge 108


Hi Everyone:  Well, I think I got it right this time and used vellum for the Tangled Up in Creativity challenge hosted by Tammy.  I have no idea where my brain was for the other card...in lala land somewhere.

While I was doing the card, I also thought that it would fit with the Pals Paper Art challenge for the week - the challenge is to Soften the Edges. 

The Baja Breeze card stock is stamped using Island Indigo with the swirls from the Creative Elements stamp set.  It is there but difficult to see.  I also used the new ruffled ribbon that is part of the 2011-2013 In Colors.

The flower elements were stamped 3 times using Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum and Rich Razzleberry inks and then cut out so that I would get 3 layers.  Before assembling, the edges were sponged with Perfect Plum ink to give some additional definition to the flowers.  The layers were then put together using dimensionals to provide even more definition.


Stamps: Creative Elements (c- 122647 $30.95 w – 122645 $40.95 IB&C p 137), Build A Blossom (c- 121994 $22.95 w – 121923 $31.95 IB&C p 112),
Paper: Naturals White, Baja Breeze. Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive,
Accessories: Vellum, Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, Pearls, Blossom Petal Builder Punch

Hostess Club information starting in September will be featured in my next post.

Until next time...


Photobucket




10 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh what a great color combo! Love love love vellum and your 3D flowers are fabulous too. I didn't get that set, but seeing all the cool flowers makes me want it now.. what else is new right? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!! LOVE those wonderful flowers and the color combo. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabulous layered blossoms look sensational backed by the vellum!! Such a beautiful card, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brain wasn't in la-la land, it was in retirement lane! Your card is lovely, and I'm so happy you were able to play along in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are stunning ... beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The definition on your flowers makes them really pop against the gentle background for this challenge Karen. What a lovely card you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you made your flowers...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Karen! This is sooo pretty! The colors are so soft and lovely. Of course, the pearls are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..these flowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.