Monday, October 31, 2011

Snow Buddy Shaker for FM 30

Hi Everyone and Happy Halloween.  I hope that it won't be too scary out there for you today. 

We need to watch for all those little ghosts and goblins that will be out this evening scaring up their treats because we don't want any tricks.

My card today is, yes, another Snow Buddy (they are so cute!!!).  I have wanted to do a shaker card and finally was able to do one over the weekend.

This card also is based on the challenge at Friday Mash Up.  The challenge was a sketch but also to REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE.   So I did just that.  I used only scraps and embellishments that were already opened. It's a great way to use up those scraps and who doesn't have some (in most cases probably allot). 

I would like to acknowledge Sage over at Stamping Madly for doing a great video on making a shaker card.  Thanks Sage.



Stamps: Snow Much Fun (c – 122562 $24.95, w – 122560, $33.95 p. 35, 2011-2012 IB&C), Delightful Decorations (w – 116517, $26.95 p. 40, 2011-2012 IB&C)
Paper: White Naturals, Textured and Smooth Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP
Ink: Night of Navy, Black Craft,
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circle Die, Punches: 1-3/4” Circle, 2-1/2 Circle, Modern Label, Window Sheets, Rhinestone Jewels, Circle Cutter, Mica Flakes, Pastels, and Versamark

The rhinestones were coloured with a Sharpie pen.

Enjoy your day and until next time...


Photobucket










12 comments:

  1. Love your shaker card, the snowman is so cute. Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shaker card and what a cute, cute, image!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love that snowman and the colors you used! I love shaker cards, they are so cool :)

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, nice to see you playing along with our challenge this week. Cute image used in your shaker card, they are such fun to make.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snow buddy shaker card. Fun creation and great image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, how cute is that!?! I LOVE shakers! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen this is adorable! Love your snowman shaker card, what a great use of the scraps!
    Of course my friends would say I have as many scraps as I do supplies, because I don't throw anything out! Hugs
    PS: thanks for the comments on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the sketch and love to use up scraps too! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fun snowman with his sparkly snow!! Super cute, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, this is one of the cutest shaker cards I have seen! This snowman looks so adorable! You have done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen how cute is this.. I love those colored Rhine stones you added and that shaker if Fabulous!Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! A shaker card is a great idea for a snowman image!! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.