Tuesday, January 10, 2012

For Baby and PPA126

Hi Everyone.  I hope that it is as beautiful where you are as where I am.  The sun is shining and it's not even cold...cool but not cold.  Although I think it is coming sometime this week.  

I have a Baby card for you today.  Lloyd's grandson was born in Japan on December 26th and our Christmas Day because of the time difference.  The best part is that he was born on his Great Grandmother's birthday and his middle name is after his Great Grandfather.  What a lovely Christmas and Birthday present for the family.

This card was inspired by Penny and I fell in love with the overall look of her card.  It is also for the Pals Paper Art colour challenge this week.

Stamps: Stitched Stockings, Take It To Heart (c-125522 $28.95, w-1255205, $36.95, p14 2012 Occasions Mini)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Twitterpated DSP
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Big Shot, Labels Framelit Die, Perfect Polka Dots Die,  Stocking Punch, Chantilly ½” Lace Trim, Pearls

I am so loving these new Framelit Dies.  

I did find a tip that makes them easier to line up on your paper.
 
I used Repositional Scotch Tape and attached the die to the paper after the die was aligned on the paper.
The tape prevents the die from slipping around, leaves no residue on your die or your paper and you can reuse if you stick the tape somewhere where you can remember.

Next time you use your Framelits and/or Edglits Dies, try this tip.

So until next time...
Photobucket



9 comments:

  1. So pretty and I love how you used those little stockings on a baby card! Very creative and cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card for baby! Love the botties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen love these little booties! I have a baby shower this week too. I also love your framelits matting them ... too cute. Thanks for the slip tip.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cute, Karen! I love the lace and the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the booties tied with the Vintage Lace Karen. Such an adorable Baby Card, and congratulations to all your family on the birth of this beautiful baby boy. Its so nice to see family names/traditions being passed down through the generations. Hope to see some photos soon too!

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.