Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day Notebooks


All I can say is "Thank goodness this week is over"
I was in bed for 4 days. I have not been so sick in about 10 years and it better not happen again for a very long time!!  I don't make for a very good patient.
OK, partially it was my fault because I didn't get the flu shot last Fall, so won't be missing it again this Fall. Oh well, hindsight is what 20:20?
I did miss out on Mother's Day though.  I can't say I missed it entirely because we will be celebrating likely next weekend. 



Here are 3 Notebook Holders that I made as gifts...2 have gone, 1 hasn't, so Tina if you are reading this stop right now!!  I know you won't heehee




 
Stamps: Betsy’s Blossom, Betsy’s Blossom Stampin’ Wheel
Paper: Sahara Sand, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Ink: Gumball Green, Sahara Sand, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: Big Shot, Circles #2, Gumball Green 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, and Scallop Edge Border Punch
 

Stamps: Creative Elements (c – 122647, $30.95 w – 122645, $40.95 p. 137 2011-2012 IB&C), Layered Labels
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit, Comfort Café DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party
Accessories: Big Shot, Apothecary Accent Framelit Dies, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Vintage Brad and Scallop Edge Border Punch





Stamps: Papaya Collage, Musical Note Stampin’ Wheel
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Ink: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals,
Accessories: Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelit Dies, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Twitterpated Buttons, Eyelet Border Punch


Each of the notebook holders contain 4" x' 6" post-it notepads that you can put by the phone or even carry in your purse.  

It seems I am always looking for a pad to write on....but did I make myself one?...Guess the answer.



Enjoy and until next time....


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh these are beautiful!! Wonderfully crafted!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are just lovely. Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see the inside. Does the ribbon hold anything? Is the Post-it pad just glued in? I like the fold-over design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb. The ribbon does not hold anything and the post it note pad is just held in with sticky tape. There are a couple of tweaks that I will make for the next ones, so that there will be room for a pen and so that it closes better. Thanks for your comment

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work on these wonderful covered note pads, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Karen and such nice gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better. Your notebook holders are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is funny how the best things we give away Karen.
    I hope you are feeling much better. Those sneaky bugs get you when you are least expecting it!
    Your post it holders are terrific and yes you should make a little stash for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just gorgeous Karen, I love the pops of color on the neutral backgrounds. I am sure the recipients just loved them. I was just reading some of the new SU color names in your designs they sound so lush I love it! I hope you are feeling better and enjoy your belated Mother's Day Celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I LOVE these, Karen! I am sure they were a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen Love the little notebooks! So cute. I keep my post-its in the car... this would be so much cuter.
    Sorry to hear that you've been sick. I HATE being sick, but I DO get a flu shot every year no matter what some might think. Feel better. hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.