Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Faux Gold For a Unique Look

 It's Tuesday and that can only mean it's Tuesday Tips and Techniques.

Today I am going to show you how to get the Faux Gold Metal look using Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder.

One of the stamps sets that I am really intrigued with is the Clockworks.  I think that if you are looking for the Grunge look, then this stamp set is for you.  It would also be good for a vintage look as well.

  

Stamps: Clockworks (c – 127292, $21.95 w – 127290, $28.95 p. 105 2012-2013 AC), Elements of Style (c – 120045 $24.95 w – 118611, $33.95 p. 113 2012-2013 AC)
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade, International Bazaar DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Big Shot, Argyle Emboss Folder, Gold Brad, Versamark, Gold Emboss Powder, 1/2” Circle Punch, 1-1/4” Circle Punch, Sponge

This card also features the new Argyle Emboss Folder, which can give a real masculine look to a card.


Try this fun technique.

Is your paper crafting wish list bigger than your bank account?
Do you live in an area where you don't have access to a stamping club?

Then, the Simply Said Online Stamping Club is for YOU!!



Until next time...


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I see you are getting into the swing with the videos :)..Great tutorial, I love visuals and what a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and super technique. Definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Karen. There are so many possibilities with embossing powder aren't there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. I like the embossing folder you used. Great faux gold technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card using this great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun tecnhinque - your card came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The faux gold is fabulous and I love all the wonderful layers of your card, particularly the background stamping behind your clock. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen what a great card. This is one of my favorite sets. I would not have considered myself a 'grunge' person until I started using these BG sets. Love them now. I just love the colors you chose and faux gold is fabulous. Your tutorial is great and so helpful to see how this is accomplished. (My friend showed me this a few ago but I never remember to do it!). Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.