Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Tips and Techniques

Finally, I have made it back with a Tuesday Tips and Techniques video.  

Today, I tried replicating the Raised Star in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue.  I have seen different ways of doing this star from using a template to folding origami style.

Because I often like to challenge myself, as I am sure others do, I opted to try the origami method to make the star.

Origami is the art of folding paper, a traditional Japanese art.  Origami is hundreds of years old and it is popular with so many people.  One of the pieces that you will see quite often is the crane.


Here is my version of the Raised Star





As always, if you have any questions, please EMAIL me



Is your paper crafting wish list bigger than your bank account?

Do you live in an area where you don't have access to a stamping club?


Watch the Video that will explain how you can benefit from the Simply Said Online Stamping Club


Karen



3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful star ornament Karen and great tutorial! When you mentioned Origami I thought it would be too hard for one such as me who has very little patience but you made it look so easy that I definitely will have to give this one a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, it will look gorgeous on a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is so pretty. I could imagine a string of them in your favourite colours. They would be sensational.

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.