Monday, November 5, 2012

Q & A of becoming a SU Demonstrator

Stampin' Up! is having an awesome promotion for the month of November and until December 16th.

It's the INKREDIBLE PROMOTION!



What is that you say?  For signing up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, you will receive a set of the new Ink Pads in your choice of colours...Regals, Brights or Subtle.  

This is awesome because it is $64.95 value that you receive absolutely free when you join the Stampin' Up family.

Q: What's my story about becoming a demonstrator?

A: I became a demonstrator about 3 years ago and I am so glad I did.  As I approached retirement, I began to think about what it was I was going to do.  Not one to sit and do nothing....ok I work better under pressure, I thought long and hard.

There were many things that I could do but what would fulfill me the most? I did know that one of the things that I would miss the most when I retired was the people.  It was the daily interaction and the building of relationships with my co-workers that I was going to miss.  I had always been creative in some type of form and was unable to do the things that I wanted to do because I couldn't find this, or that, or the colours I wanted or the quality of products that I desired.  So needless to say that I became somewhat frustrated.

So, after belonging to my upline's club for a few years, she asked me to join Stampin' Up!  But, like anything, I had to think about it.

Finally in May 2009, I took the plunge and joined the Stampin' Up! family.  I have never regretted that plunge and I have been so rewarded.

Yes, I have customers and peers who are my family and friends and making new friends all the time.
Yes, I have quality products that go together 
Yes, I get to participate in Stampin' Up! incentive programs that allow me to have even more product.
Yes, I get to go to Stampin' Up! convention and be provided training, socializing and renewing acquaintances.
Yes, I get to be creative.
Yes, I set my own hours.
Yes, I make money that allows me to indulge.

So let me anticipate some of your questions that you may have about signing up to become a demonstrator and if I have missed any, please contact me by EMAIL

DOING BUSINESS MY WAY!
  
Q: What are the minimum sales requirements?
A: You only have to submit $400 in sales per quarter. That is less than an average Stampin’ Up! workshop. Also, you can submit your sales in any increment you wish and still get your discount and commission.  Maybe that would be $200 the first month, $100 in the second month and $100 in the third month.  Or anyway that you wish to divide up your $400 in orders.
Q: What if I only want to do this as a hobby? Do I still have to have workshops?
A: Absolutely not!! Stampin’ Up! supports the hobby demonstrator just as well as the career demonstrator. You can put in your own order or collect orders from family and friends to equal the $400 a quarter minimum.  It's absolutely up to you in how you want to run your business. It's called "Doing it My Way"
Q: Can I be my own Hostess?
A: Yes, you can be your own hostess any time you want. You can invite your family and friends into your home for a workshop. You would be the hostess, receiving the Hostess benefits, and you would also be the demonstrator receiving your instant income and commission.  
Q: How much does it cost to get started as a Demonstrator?
A: The Standard Starter Kit is only $125 plus tax (shipping is free!). You can customize your kit any way you want to a value of $155.  There are examples available to you to help you decide.  Do you want all digital, do you want a mixture, maybe you have supplies and you would like Big Shot.  A Business Pack valued at $70 is also included to get your business up and running.


Q: What if I decide that I don’t like it once I’ve started? Will I be penalized if I quit or is there a certain time frame I have to be a demonstrator?
A: You can stop anytime you choose. You simply just stop putting in your minimum sales. Stampin’ Up! will not notify you at all with any concerns. But I guarantee you once you get started you won’t want to stop!!
Q: What kind of incentives can I earn as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator?
A: Stampin’ Up! offers so many benefits and incentives to demonstrators…here are a few:
  • In your first several months you have the opportunity to earn several FREE stamp sets from the current catalog through a program called Stampin’ Start.
  • 30% off on your first workshop order (any order over $200) if you place it within 45 days after signing up.
  • All demonstrators have the chance every year to earn FREE stamp sets based on your Sale A Bration sales - January to March.
  • Every year you are eligible to earn a FREE Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip.  This year it is a Caribbean Cruise.
  • Great Rewards- You get to pick FREE items (Logo and product) each quarter depending on your sales. The first prize level only requires $1300 in sales per quarter, and you’ve earned a very nice prize! (Downline promotions also count toward Great Reward points)
Q: Do people really make money at this?
A: YES!! There are many demonstrators who make $5,000, $10,000 or even $15,000 plus a month. Also, every year there are cash awards given at Convention for group and individual accomplishments.
Q: Do I have to recruit other demonstrators?
A: Of course not!! This is a multilevel marketing company and we are paid a commission on our downline's sales but this is not a requirement. It is a perk, though!
Q: How much support can I expect from my Upline?
A: You can expect to receive full training from me. Including business tips, ideas, stamping techniques, and ongoing support. There are monthly group meetings where we can share ideas, swap cards, and just enjoy each other’s company. I will be your biggest supporter for whatever goals you want to achieve with Stampin’ Up!
Q: Where will I get my ideas for my workshops?
A: Stampin’ Up! has many resources for demonstrators. The catalog, the SU! website, the bi-monthly Stampin’ Success magazine, training videos and a demonstrator website Stampin’ Connection, and My Digital Studio.net . It is OK to copy your projects from these sources and use them at your workshops. You do not have to think of everything by yourself. I wouldn’t be where I am today if I had not borrowed and shared ideas every once in a while!
Q: Are there any Stampin’ Up! events that I can attend as a new demonstrator?
A: Yes, almost all of them! Every year Stampin’ Up! has it’s annual Convention. It is usually in Salt Lake City, Utah and is 3 days long. This is absolutely the best event ever!! Can you imagine 5 to 6 thousand crazy stampers getting together to share ideas and stamp? This convention is open to demonstrators from Canada and the United States. There are Regional Seminars throughout the U.S. and Canada that are announced every year at Convention.
Leadership training is a fabulous event for those at Senior Consultant level and above. If you want to achieve greatness with Stampin’ Up! then this is the event for you.
Q: Do you really love what you do?
A: I absolutely LOVE what I do and I know you will too. I receive pleasure from seeing the smile on a person’s face when I have shown them something new. I have met so many people from all over Canada and the U.S.! I couldn’t imagine not being a demonstrator. It is something I share every chance I get.
I hope I have answered some of your questions. I would love to share this creative and inspiring Business 





Is your paper crafting wish list bigger than your bank account?

Do you live in an area where you don't have access to a stamping club?


Watch the Video that will explain how you can benefit from the Simply Said Online Stamping Club


Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.