Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Day for the Olympics

Well, it's the last day for the Olympics and what a ride it has been.  I don't think I have heard the Canadian anthem sang so many times and spontaneously at that.  Canadians are usually so reserved when it comes to showing their patrioism.  I do hope this overwhelming pride for Canada continues.  Right now the US/Canada Gold Medal Hockey game is on and it's tied and will be going to overtime.  Should I watch or should I not. How could I not watch.  Well, the hockey game is over and Canada has won the gold medal.  YEH Canada.  Congratulation to all the athletes who took part in the Olympics.  To be able to represent one's country is a privlege and you all deserve to stand on a podium.

Well, I have had time to make two cards this week.  I am not sure how, but make them I did.  The first card is for a very special person in my life whose birthday is next month.  OK, if she reads the blog she will likely know who it is.  However, I want to share because I think it turned out beautiful.

Card Making Recipe - all products are Stampin Up unless otherwise noted

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Vintage Labels, Hello
Paper: Whisper White Textured, Taken with Teal, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Perfect Plum, Taken with Teal
Accessories: New Scallop Edge Punch, Circle Punch - 13/4, Rhinestone Brads (other)
Technique: Layering, Easel Card

I stamped the Vintage Vogue stamp on the whisper white with perfect plum to make my own designer paper.  The link for the Easel Card Tutorial is http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/

This card took be 3 trys as I didn't read the instructions properly.  And it wasn't the instruction's fault either as they are easy to read.   Oh well, 3rd try lucky!!



The second card I did this week is a Sympathy Card for a co-worker whose Father passed away suddenly last week.  I just want her to know that I am thinking of her in this time of sorrow.

This card was to be for Mojo Monday 127 but again didn't read instructions as it is supposed to be a square or a circle, mine turned out rectangle....oh well.

Card Making Recipe

Stamps: Asian Artistry, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Brocade Blue, So Saffron, Vellum, Whisper White Textured, DSP
Ink: Black, Stazon Black
Accessories: Gold Brads (other), Whisper White ribbon



Well, I have been quite lengthy today. 
One more thing though.  I have made a new friend from Split Coast Stampers, Sandi MacIver.  We started corresponding and Sandi is from Kamloops as well.  Her link is on my blog.  Take a visit, as Sandi does wonderful work.

Well, that's it for today.  Take care.

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I think your friend will love this special card and appreciate the time and effort you put into making such a fabulous card.
    tfs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.