Masculine cards are always difficult, although I have seen flowers on a card for a gentleman and it was very effective. I made this card based on the sketch MOJO 133. This site is such a great source on inspiration. If you have a chance, please give it a visit at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/
This card is for my Dad's Birthday this month....he is 86 years young. Can you imagine the changes that he has seen in the world over 86 years? Amazing...one tool that we use frequently, the computer was not even thought of.
Stamps: Happy Moments
Paper: Really Rust, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Sweet Pea DP
Ink: Stazon Black, Basic Black
Accessories: Oval Die Cuts (Cricut), Brads (other), Corner Punch, Dimensionals
1. Card Base done in Really Rust – 51/2 x 41/4
2. Sweet Pea DP cut 11/2” x 13/4” and 11/2” x 11/2” and layered on Old Olive cut 2” x 21/4” and 2” x 2”
3. The larger layer is attached to the top of the card base and the smaller layer is attached to the lower third of the card
4. A strip of really rust was cut 4” x 11/4” and layered in the middle and then the flag in creamy caramel was cut 3” x 11/2”. The points of the flag were cut using the corner punch.
5. A larger oval, 21/2” x 31/2” was cut from the creamy caramel and a smaller oval, 3” x 2” was cut from really rust
6. The image was stamped on the really rust and coloured using marker and the sentiment stamped
7. Brads attached
8. Attach layers using a dimensional for the ovals
And that’s it and now my Dad has his birthday card.
So until next time...........