Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tangled Up in Creativity Challenge

Hi Everyone:  As I sit here typing my post, the snow is falling at a good rate.  We are supposed to get 2 - 4 inches of today.  I guess I will have to get the shovel ready...Yuk!

Today my post is a card for the Tangled Up in Creativity challenge.  This one is hosted by Danie over at D-Dazzled Designs.  The challenge is to  incorporate the colours green and yellow into your card in honour of Australia Day.  Only use cardstock - no papers, no ribbon, no bling etc. You can emboss, distress and cut cardstock.


Here is my entry for this challenge:


Stamps: Awash with Flowers (w- 117062, $48.95, c - 120549, $33.95, IB&C p. 99) Teeny Tiny Wishes (w – 115370, $45.95 IB&C – p157

Paper: Whisper White (textured and Smooth), Poppy Parade, and Garden Green
Ink: So Saffron, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Lattice Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch, Designer Label Large Punch

The Awash with Flowers stamp is a 2-step stamp, however using the clear stamps, makes the 2-step relatively easy if you don't want to have everything lined up exactly.  Once I stamped the images and attached the green and white, I then ran all of through the Big Shot using the Lattice Embossing Folder.  It gives that card some great texture.

Well that's it for today, so until next time...


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Love that texture....such a pretty friendship card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely!!! Really like that stamp set you used too. Wonderful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is a fantastic card! I love how the whole image panel was embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific Karen. I like the effect of the lattice embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, Karen!! That embossing plate should be arriving at my house tomorrow!! I can't wait to play with it after seeing your beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - this is just beautiful! I love the embossing - it is perfect for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice card Karen. I'd say you got the colors perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the challenge Karen! Love the flowers!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Karen, I love your choice of shades of Green and Yellow and the touch of red. Thanks so much for playing along with my Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking, Karen! I love the colors and the texture! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the challenge - your colors are really popping off the page - really, great job with the layout as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen you did a great job. I have a hard "stopping" when adding stuff, so this would have been really hard for me. It looks great though! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.