Monday, March 21, 2011

Has Spring Sprung?

 Hi Everyone:  Hope you are enjoying the first full day of Spring.  Yesterday was so beautiful here and so I thought how nice it would be to drive around in a clean red car rather than a grayish red car, so off I went to the car wash.  The shiny red car looked so nice.  And then...this morning, it started to rain on my pretty shiny car.  I managed to get to the underground parking before the skies opened up and poured down wet stuff and it just wasn't liquid, there was snow!!!.  Is it ever going to stop?  Luckily, it didn't last long and by this afternoon and the trek home, the sun was shining....The little red shiny car was saved!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The card that I am sharing today uses the Easter Blossoms set and the technique I used is Embossing Resist.  For this technique, the image is stamped with craft ink and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  The grassy area was masked with a piece of post-it-note, and the sky area sponged with Baja Breeze ink, then the sky area was masked and the grassy area sponged with Old Olive ink.  To finish off, wipe any ink off the image with a soft rag. 

I also used the new Paisley Petals DSP which will be a promotion during April and if you don't get it then, you have to wait until July when the new catalog comes out.  It is truly beautiful with wonderful colours.

Sale-a-Bration is almost over, just another 10 days to receive free product with a minimum order of $60 (not including shipping and taxes) .  Visit my Stampin' Up! website to discover it all. 


Stamps: Easter Blossoms (c -122057 - $22.95, w – 121905 - $31.95 Occasions Mini, p 17)
Paper:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Paisley Petal DSP (NEW)
Ink: Soft Suede Craft Ink, Baja Breeze, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circles Duo, Circle Die, Multi-purpose Glue, Clear Embossing Powder, Champagne Glass Glitter, Sponges, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon

This card will also be featured in my April class.  Email me for all the details.

That's all for today and until next time...

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. Love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweet Easter silhouette!! Wish I had placed it on my last SU order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Easter card Karen! I love that silhouette stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the DP and the LO!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. karen this is gorgeous! I think this might be my favorite of your cards! [until the next favorite takes it's place of course]. I LOVE the silhouette with the DSP background...AMAZING!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - you need to enter this card over at Paper Cupcakes -their theme is vintage andt his card would work so perfectly with that theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, Karen! I love the use of the champagne glass glitter. This DSP is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all comments and thanks for taking the time to leave one.